"This spicy and satisfying chili is made in the slow cooker. Start it before you head off to work, and return to a homemade meal ready to eat! I like to put two scoops of sour cream in with my bowl."
· 2 pounds ground beef
· 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
· 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
· 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
· 2 onions, chopped
· 1 green bell pepper, chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 tablespoons chili powder
· 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
· 2 teaspoons salt
· 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in ground beef. Cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
2. Combine ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 10 hours, or High for 4 hours.
3. Garnish each serving with Cheddar cheese.
Happy Cooking ☺