Who says that Ground beef can’t be sexy!
These burgers are super juicy and retain a nice Smokey, wine flavor after grilling. The extra wine reduction drizzled on the burger was just sweet enough to perfectly balance the savory flavors.
· 2 cups of your favorite red wine (I used Shiraz)
· 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
· 1 lb. lean ground beef
· Worcestershire sauce
· 1 medium slicing tomato, cut into 1/2 inch slices
· Olive oil
· 3 Burger buns
· 3 slices of your favorite cheese
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high.
2. In a medium sauce pan over high heat, combine the wine and brown sugar, stirring until dissolved.
3. Let boil and reduce to 6 Tbsp. (3/8 cup). This will take about 25 minutes. Let cool to room temp, 10 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, crumble ground beef and season with salt, pepper, and a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
5. Add 1/4 cup of red wine reduction and lightly toss to mix.
6. Form 3 burger patties
7. Drizzle tomato slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
8. Place burgers and tomatoes on the grill. Grill the burgers to desired doneness (I typically cook both the tomatoes and burgers - 4 minutes on each side).
9. Top with a slice of cheese and remove from the grill.
10. Place on a burger bun, drizzle the remaining red wine reduction over the burgers, and top with a grilled tomato slice and the top bun.
Happy Cooking ☺
P.S. Sign up Today and Get Money Saving Meal Ideas, Tips and Special Offers right to Your Inbox. Click Here.