Turn an ordinary week day into a taco party and spice up your week on the cheap. With ground beef and beans, a little seasoning and cheese, Mexican dishes are often affordable ways to enjoy big flavor. This Savory Taco Casserole with a salsa kick is the perfect example.
· 1lb lean ground beef
· 1can (15 to 16 oz) spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
· 1cup Thick 'n Chunky salsa
· 2cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
· 4medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
· 1medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
· 1cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
· Tortilla chips, if desired
· Shredded lettuce, if desired
· Additional Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in beans and 1 cup salsa. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
2. In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place broken tortilla chips. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with onions, tomato and cheese.
3. Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Arrange tortilla chips around edge of casserole. Serve with lettuce and additional salsa.
Happy Cooking ☺