Burgers for breakfast???
These are so darn good. It’s really only a plain burger – but topped with tons of Havarti cheese, crunchy bacon, a fried egg and a maple Dijon aioli.
· 1 pound lean ground beef
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon pepper
· 4 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
· 6 slices of bacon, cooked
· 4 eggs, cooked to your liking
· 4 English muffins, toasted
· 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1 large egg yolk
· 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
· 1/2 cup olive oil
· 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
· a pinch of salt and pepper
1. Add the ground beef to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 equal patties, then cook as desired: either grill the burgers or cook on a skillet until they reach the desired doneness. A minute before the burgers are done, add a slice of Havarti cheese on top.
2. To assemble the burgers, place the burger on the English muffin. Add the egg, some of the maple aioli and the bacon, then the top of the English muffin. Serve!
Whisk together the syrup, Dijon mustard, egg yolk and lemon juice in a large bowl until combined. Slowly stream in olive oil while continuously whisking until the mixture emulsifies and comes together completely. Whisk in whole grain mustard. then taste and season with a little salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
Happy Cooking ☺