This Ground Beef casserole is always a good choice for busy week night family meals. It’s easy, quick and won’t break the budget.
· 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, browned
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· Salt and pepper
· 3 large potatoes, sliced
· 2 Carrots, shredded
· 1 can cream of mushroom soup
· 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet with chopped onions; cook until onions are tender. Drain off excess fat; transfer ground beef and onion to casserole dish.
2. Add layer of sliced raw potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper; shred carrots to cover potatoes. Put soup over carrots.
3. Bake at 350° F. for 40 to 50 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
4. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top and bake for about 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.