Cabbage Rolls are delicious treats, but time consuming. If you don't want to slave away in the kitchen like Grandma did, try these lazy cabbage rolls.
· 1 lb. Ground Beef
· 1 lb. Cabbage, finely shredded and cut into short pieces
· ½ Cup Rice
· 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
· 2 Eggs
· Salt, pepper to taste
For the sauce:
· ½ cup Sour cream
· ¼ cup Tomato sauce or simple ketchup
· Salt, pepper
· Sour cream for serving
1. Sauté the onion in a little bit of oil until the onion is soft and caramelized; alternatively, for an even lazier version, raw onion can be used.
2. Mix the ground beef, shredded cabbage, uncooked rice, salt and pepper, onion and eggs together.
3. Form the meatballs with your hands and place them in a baking dish.
4. Bake for about 35 minutes at 375F.
5. Make the sauce by mixing the sour cream with the tomato sauce (or ketchup) and pour the sauce over the meatballs. Bake for another 20 minutes.
6. Serve with sour cream.
Happy Cooking ☺