· 1 lb. ground beef
· 1 onion (chopped)
· 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
· ½ tsp. pepper
· ¼ cup ketchup
· 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
· 15 oz. refrigerated pie crusts
· 1 tbsp. prepared mustard
· 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (divided)
· 2 tbsps. water
· 1 large egg
· food coloring (red)
· food coloring (yellow liquid)
1. Cook first 5 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce; cool.
2. Unfold 1 piecrust, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread mustard evenly over crust. Stir together meat mixture and 2 cups cheese; spoon onto center of crust, leaving a 2-inch border.
3. Unfold remaining piecrust, and cut out a jack-o'-lantern face, reserving pastry cut-outs to use as a stem. Place crust over meat mixture; crimp edges of crust, and fold under. Place stem on top of jack-o'-lantern face.
4. Whisk together 2 tablespoons water, egg, and 1 drop each of red and yellow food coloring; brush over crust.
5. Bake at 425*F (220*C) for 20 minutes; remove from oven, and brush again with egg mixture. Fill eyes, nose, and mouth with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until golden brown.
Happy Cooking ☼