Dress dinner up with this quick and simple dish - a tasty dinner that's ready in 30 minutes!
This was a big hit. Everyone in my family loved it. The guys were scraping their plates clean. I'd suggest using Bull's-Eye Texas Style BBQ Sauce or any other kind of smokey barbecue sauce for great flavour.
|Brian's BBQ Bow-Tie Dinner|
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked mini bow-tie (mini farfalle) pasta (5 oz)
- 2 1/2 cups beef-flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- In 12-inch non stick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Add bell pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in pasta, broth, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in corn and 1 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover; cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, until corn is hot and cheese is melted.
Buy a block of Cheddar cheese when it's on sale; shred and store, tightly sealed, in the freezer. It will be handy whenever you need it for a recipe. Store-bought beef broth can be overly salty. Always look for the reduced-sodium varieties.
Happy Cooking ☺