You'll be surprised how easy it is to make these edible cones filled with chili, cheese and corn chips.
· 6 waffle cones
· Heavy-duty aluminum foil
· Non-stick cooking spray
· 1 (11 ounce) tube refrigerated French bread loaf
· 2 cans chili (if you’re in a hurry) or make this easy chili recipe
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
· Corn chips
Here's A Short Video
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Carefully cover each waffle cone with a layer of aluminum foil. Spray outsides with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Open tube of bread dough. You should have a long roll. Cut it into 6 even pieces with a pizza cutter or sharp knife. Take one lump of dough and place it on a flat, clean surface. Roll it back and forth with hands until you have a long, thin snake. Continue to do this until it measures 36-inches.
4. Take the strip of dough and begin wrapping it around the foil-covered cone, starting at the bottom and working your way up. Press the end into a lower layer to seal. Set this on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do this for the remaining lumps of dough and cones.
5. Place the cones into a preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees (F) until golden brown.
6. While the cones are baking, add the cans of chili into a saucepan and heat on medium-high heat.
7. Remove the cones from the oven and set them on the counter for a few minutes until they are cool enough to touch. Carefully slide the foil-lined ice cream cones out of the bread cones. Stand them upright in narrow glasses to fill.
Sprinkle a bit of cheddar cheese into the bottom of each bread cone. Now spoon the chili in. Top with corn chips and another sprinkle of cheese. Serve immediately. Enjoy!!
Happy Cooking ☺