The pizza crust is bursting with rich, saucy meat and melty cheese, and the edges of the dough get nice and crusty. These are really nice, filling servings too; perfect comfort food for a chilly day!
· 1 lb. lean ground beef
· 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
· 8 oz. white mushrooms, minced
· 1 medium carrot, minced
· 1 medium onion, minced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
· 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
· 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
· 2 tablespoons tomato paste
· 1 (11 oz.) can of refrigerated pizza crust dough
· 1 cup shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Bring a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef. Break the ground beef up with a spoon or spatula while cooking. Sprinkle with steak seasoning and continue to cook until beef is browned. Add the mushrooms, carrot, onion, garlic, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, tomato sauce, and tomato paste and stir together. Cover and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Unroll your pizza dough and lay it in your prepared baking dish. Push the dough down across the dish and up the sides. Pour the meat mixture from your skillet into the pizza dough. Place in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese over the top. Place the casserole back in the oven and cook for 5 additional minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza crust is browned.
Happy Cooking ☺